Chef and Owner of ASH, Ash Heeger was born in Mthatha and raised in Cape Town.
Ash knew she wanted to be a professional chef by the time she was ten years old. No other career was ever an option for her.
After completing her school career at Herschel Girls School, she jumped straight into the culinary arts at Silwood School of Cookery. Ash completed three years and trained under the guidance of Luke Dale Roberts, first at La Colombe followed by The Test Kitchen.
She then spread her wings and travelled to London. After a stint at the Ledbury in Notting Hill, she moved to Dinner by Heston Blumenthal and spent two years learning from the best, growing in her talent and working her way up the ranks.
At 26, Ash decided it was time to come home and and open a restaurant of her very own.
The rest is history.
“Never trust a person who doesn’t love dogs” – Ash Heeger
- Long walks on the beach
- Cuddling dogs
- 2011 Sunday Times Young Chef of the Year
- 2012 McCain chef of the year
- 2012 Regional Winner Jeunes Chefs - Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
Events & Collabs:
- 2016 Convivium https://conviviumtable.co.za/chefs/
- 2016 BIFFS Big 6 Launch
- 2017 Meatopia UK https://www.meatopia.co.uk/
- 2017 H2zero Waterless Cooking Challenge http://www.smile904.fm/appnews/h2zero-waterless-cooking-challenge/
- 2017 Robertsons Herbs & Spices pop-up Kitchen
- 2018 Little Gig http://littlegig.co.za/